Sunday, April 13, 2014

Jobless

So my last day at work was on Friday. Even though I had three weeks before I actually left, it was ridiculously hard to leave. I'm still on the softball team that my work put together, but most of the people from work I will probably never see again. In all honesty, I am quite frustrated by the whole ordeal, but at this point it doesn't really matter. The fact of the matter is: I have no job. I have nowhere to go Monday morning when I wake up at 6.

My plan at the moment is simple.

  1. I will spend my time applying for jobs.
  2. I will get myself in shape.
  3. I will take up baking again. It has been much too long since I used my hands to make something utterly delicious. 
  4. I will find some crafts that will keep me occupied.
  5. I will play video games and work on puzzles.
But before any of this can truly occur, I need to grieve. It sounds cheesy and stupid, but I need it. I'm sad. I haven't mourned my loss. I may not be loosing someone, but in a way I am loosing many people. The bigger issue really is the lack of security I now have. I have no income, but many bills. I have savings, but only enough for a few months. 

Other than this slight crisis, I am doing alright. I have a home, can afford to eat, and have a good emotional support network. 

Hopefully my next update will be much happier and have something fun. Expect more updates and maybe even a semblance of a schedule of posting. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment